Home Forums Game Frame Technical Support Remote doesn't always register Reply To: Remote doesn't always register

Jeremy Williams
Keymaster

I’m confused why you needed irCommand to == X for unrecognized commands since it was already setting it to ‘Z’ for unrecognized ones.

For what it’s worth, I can’t reproduce any glitchiness in remoteTest(). I try pressing buttons before it loads, spamming buttons when it’s on, holding buttons for a long time. It works fine, and the serial output looks clean. I also can’t reproduce any problems in recordIRCodes().

Are you 100% certain the IRRemote library buffers multiple commands? I was under the impression that it stores one command at a time and only looks for a new IR signal once it’s been decoded (i.e. irrecv.decode(&results)).

The delay(125) in remoteTest() exists only to keep the graphic on the screen. I could rewrite that so the remote is checked constantly for that 125ms. Would that solve your issue?

As for compiling, see the notes on the GitHub. You need Arduino IDE 1.6.3 and Teensyduino 1.22. If you still have trouble, let me know.