Home Forums Game Frame Firmware Modding AM and PM clock face

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    reddcube
    Participant

I know the clock is 24 hours, but I like 12 hours and want a visual way to show AM and PM.
    Tinkering with digits.bmp I came up with this idea.
    AM face is in first 8 pixel column and PM is in the second column.
    I have attached an example clock face.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Cool idea!

PylonSquelch
    Participant

I’ve got the ‘game’ firmware installed on my unit. I’ve just received the the 5v cable and would like to try the ‘clock’ firmware instead, I’ve searched but couldn’t find a download for the clock. Is there a page that has instructions and downloads for each firmware?

Thanks

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

The instructions on updating firmware are in the FAQ here:

https://www.ledseq.com/faq-category/game-frame/#post-1447

And you’ll find both versions of the firmware on the GitHub page linked therein.

PylonSquelch
    Participant

I’m getting an error when trying to upload the clock firmware, it says:
    “SdFile’ was not declared in this scope
    ‘f was not declared in this scope

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Are you running Arduino 1.0.1 with all of the libraries properly installed? Libraries are linked from the README on GitHub.

PylonSquelch
    Participant

I installed the libraries and have am using 1.0.1, I re-ran and installed libraries again, Without success – still getting same error. I got desperate and tried to upload an example file ‘blink.ino’ and it uploaded successfully.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

It sounds like you don’t have the libraries properly installed. Inside your main Arduino folder you should see a folder called /libraries. Inside that you need to extract the following libraries into their own folders with these exact names:

RTClite
    IniFileLite
    Adafruit_NeoPixel
    SdFat

For instance, my SdFat library is here:

D:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\SdFat

And inside that folder I have the 35 files and 2 subfolders contained in the SdFat library. Please confirm that your setup is correct. Also, please make sure opening the GameFrame project with the right Arduino executable. If you have multiple versions of Arduino installed (1.0.5, for instance), the system can default to one or the other when double-clicking on an .INI file.

Jeremy

PylonSquelch
    Participant

Thanks Jeremy,

It all worked out. I got the libraries sorted, my inexperience at programming and understanding how to use github were stumbling blocks. Once I found /zipball/master added to the github libraries’ address gave you the zip file it was only minutes till I was up and running again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.