Home Forums Game Frame Technical Support Colour disfigurement in one pixel?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    victor.sody
    Participant

Hi Jeremy and/or other LEDSEQ forum members,

I finally got around to hooking up my Game Frame yesterday (I’ve been overseas) and am loving it! However, upon watching beautiful animation after beautiful animation, I noticed a slight colour disfigurement in one of the pixels.

Any idea on what it might be and/or a fix?
    It’s unfortunately one of those things that once you see it, you can’t not notice it 🙁

Thanks in advance for your help!

Victor

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Hi Victor,

This is due variances in the plastic lens that covers the LED beneath the pixel. It’s bending light slightly differently than the other pixels. There is no fix for it besides replacing the LED, which requires dismantling the Game Frame. Your particular case is on the edge of what I’d consider permissible in the QA process. That said, I’m happy to exchange the LED panel if you want to return the Game Frame. Just send me an email to jeremy at this domain and let me know what you want to do.

gnolivos
    Participant

I received mine today and noticed the same thing… mostly obvious on WHITE pixels only though… would it be possible for me to replace the lens cover myself with a replacement cover? Not really wanting to send it back 🙂

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Cristian,

You would need to heat the top corners of the enclosure for a few minutes with a hot air gun to soften the glue, lift the top off, and remove the LED grid. Then you would need to replace one of the surface mounted LEDs (the lens cover is a permanent part of each LED). Doing so puts adjacent LEDs at risk of heat damage.

Seeing as you just received it, I would try living with it for awhile and see if it affects your enjoyment. It really is quite common on Game Frames, due to the nature of the display. If you decide you’re not happy with it, I’d be happy to accept a return and refund you the cost (minus shipping/taxes).

Jeremy

gnolivos
    Participant

No problem Jeremy. I suffer from OCD hehe so these things are hard to go unnoticed. Fortunately from a distance it is not noticeable, so I will give it time. I love the Gameframe so far, it really has the PERFECT look to it, it’s awesome and vibrant. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Technical Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.