Home Forums Game Frame Technical Support Does moveX actually work?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    The Tim
    Participant

I thought I could do my scrolling rainbow animation with just a single 16×16 frame
    and a moveX = -1. Didn’t work. It just sat there motionless. I tried moveX = 1, still no motion.

Has moveX actually been tested? Does it actually move the image? I couldn’t figure out how to get it to work.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Maybe share the folder you’re having trouble with. It sounds like you have “panoff” set to false. That needs to be true for a 16×16 to be able to move.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

I just saw your other post with the rainbow image — I get it now. Setting panoff to true won’t look right. Instead what you want to do is duplicate your 16×16 side by side (32×16). Then give it a CONFIG.INI with MOVEX=1 and PANOFF=FALSE.

A little more explanation about CONFIG.INI is in the FAQ:
    https://www.ledseq.com/faq-category/game-frame/#post-1123

Let me know if that works for you.

The Tim
    Participant

I see. I’ll give that a try. I thought maybe it would be possible to have it pan a single 16×16 image 1 pixel at a time and basically rotate through it. Guess it needs to be at least 32×16?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Yeah, the system can’t “wrap” 16×16 images, but the solution above gets you there.

The Tim
    Participant

Just tried that version and it seems to work. Thanks!

I could be seeing things but it seems like it has a slightly longer pause when it wraps back around the image than the 40ms pause between each 1-pixel shift.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    boris
    Participant

Just saw this thread and, even if nobody is around for the answer anymore, the secret is to create a 31×16 image. When you duplicate your image you need to cut the rightmost line (32) off because otherwise this is displayed twice. Then the scroll is smooth.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.