Home Forums Game Frame Wi-Fi Adapter Firmware 20161212: Testers Needed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

This new firmware adds the FX Mode to the menus but it does so by automatically downloading and installing a menu graphic (eBoy-designed, of course). I’d love it if some of you guys could test it out and let me know if the graphic shows up okay before I push it to GitHub.

https://www.ledseq.com/downloads/gameFrameWifi_20161212.zip

Just unzip that and install it using the Firmware Manager:
    https://www.ledseq.com/manager.html

Thanks!

rolf
    Participant

are we able to go back in firmware if there are problems?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Yes! You’d just grab the latest one from /old.

rolf
    Participant

ok i installed and activated fx mode. see now some very colorful graphic paterns

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Cool, so the the menu graphic installed?

rolf
    Participant

Not sure i get you right. on menu selection i can select fx now
    BUT
    i am a bad tester, cause it went over the /help site and clicked Activate FX Mode. I am not sure it was there without this step. I can test it tommorow on my second frame.

1. install firmware
    2. click through with remote and see if fx is there (without going to help page)

now i have 2 patterns installed, which i can change by hitting next on remote when i am in FX Mode

i hope you understand what i try to say 🙂

rolf
    Participant

Just did a test with my second GF. Uploaded the Firmware, the Frame reboots and i have the FX Menu and the graphics. Works fine

^MuYa^
    Participant

no problems here, looks amazing!

Patrick
    Participant

I downloaded and installed the firmware. I see the extra option in the graphical menu. Selected it and I see the plasma graphic. I can see two different graphics.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Cool guys, thank you so much. The only aspect I was curious about was whether the menu graphic download would work properly. Glad it seems to have no issues! Being able to download graphics to the Game Frame from the Internet has interesting possibilities, don’t you think?

As for the Effects Mode itself, it’s a work-in-progress and will develop over time.

rolf
    Participant

Downloadable graphics would be great.
    Like it is in the Moment it is a Blackbox where you cant see if, when or what is downloadad. What is the Goal? Will it be like this, like a push Service or like an app store where you can choose what to download?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

This is still just a vision, but I’d love to see a web site full of submitted and official animations that you can click to install. Maybe even join groups who all share the same taste and subscribe to style “feeds.”

boris
    Participant

Having one of the frames the new dimming mode works well, I’m curious if I can still enable it in these new builds? I really like the quality improvement in the lowest brightness settings.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Boris: Yes, the feature is still there but it’s unsupported and you need to activate it using the wifi.ini file. Instructions in this post: https://www.ledseq.com/forums/topic/latest-firmware-20161112/#post-3368

boris
    Participant

Thank you! Follow-up question: Can I get to wifi.ini without removing the MicroSD card (i.e. opening the Game Frame again)?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘Wi-Fi Adapter’ is closed to new topics and replies.