Home Forums Game Frame Technical Support Game Frame intermittent remote function

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    estesjdt
    Participant

I know I’m a few years late to the party, but I just got a Game Frame and have been having trouble with the remote. The Game Frame seems to respond only intermittently. I went through the forums and have already tried the following:

-IR sensor appears to be aligned properly in frame
    -different rooms and lighting conditions do not seem to matter
    -fresh remote battery
    -viewing the remote LED with cell phone camera shows it lighting up consistently with all button presses
    -reflashed the firmware with gameFrameV2.hex – at least I think it worked
    -did the remote test mode and found that the button responses were correct but intermittent; about 1/3 of button presses seem to work
    -tried the remote-record screens but got no responses with four different led remotes (Sony, LG, and DirecTV, fwiw) but did eventually get it to record the original remote again after many, many button pushes
    -can’t do the game mode test for firmware version because the remote doesn’t respond quickly enough before game is lost

Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Sorry about the problem! I would have hoped a new battery would have fixed it. Send me an email (jeremy at this domain) and we’ll figure it out.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Technical Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.