Home Forums Game Frame Technical Support Gameframe showing sd card error

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    jatwood
    Participant

My gameframe started showing an SD card error after a few months of use. Where can I find a SD image to reformat the SD card and start over fresh? Also should I buy a new SD card is this one defective?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

When do you see the SD message? Always in the same spot?

The first step is usually to format the card FAT32 and copy over the data again. I’ll email you a link to the data file.

jatwood
    Participant

That 2gb card was dead as a door nail. I had a 32gb Samsung evo+ sd card lying around so I formatted that, copied the files over (Jeremy sent me a zip file via email), and it is back again!

A few thoughts:

– maybe include a backup 2gb card with each order just in case

– switch to Samsung 4gb cards, as more space (for dead cell mapping) and name brand helps SSDs be a bit more reliable

– email customers with a backup zip file at the time of order

The evo+ is definitely a bit of overkill, but per my blog entry benchmarks these are the best performing SSDs cards out there at the moment:

https://blog.codinghorror.com/the-raspberry-pi-has-revolutionized-emulation/

marty.tse
    Participant

I am having the same issue, I have formatted the SD card ‘Fat 32’ and copied the files back over and still getting the same error. I am reformatting the SD card again, but cannot find where I can download a ‘clean copy’. Can you send me the link?

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    marty.tse
    Participant

Just an FYI, this is the original Kickstarter version that I am having the SD Card error issue with. Thanks in Advance!

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

I’d be happy to send the files. Just send me an email and note that it’s for the Kickstarter version (Jeremy at this domain).

marty.tse
    Participant

That seem to fix it! Thanks again!!!!

fbz1501
    Participant

Hello,

My GF has been working fine for months now. However it has recently been coming up without SD errors. The only fix was to pull the plug and power back on.
    I have been living with this but this evening the SD error with blue lines became one with green lines and when powered back on it came up with the same error straight away!

I have the original images on it along with the fx ones that came with the WiFi upgrade, plus a load of images from the forums.

I have tried to back up the card so I can re format it to FAT32 as mentioned on here.

But when I load you the SD reader, the card appears but when highlighting all the files to copy and paste into a back up folder on my PC. It then fails to copy them onto my PC and the SD usb stops responding. And know I’m getting a location not available message when I try and insert and read the SD to copy it.

Any suggestions please!
    Do I need a new SD card?
    If so Can you resend me the files I will need to load onto it?

Thanks again for the support

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

fbz1501: Yep, send me an email (jeremy at this domain) and we’ll get it sorted.

Patrick
    Participant

This is an old thread but mine just started showing the “SD” error. I tried several different SD cards, formatted FAT32 and copied the files over. It will display the first animation then shows the “SD” error. I even tried re-flashing the firmware but that made no difference. This beast has been running for a few years 24/7. I even made spare SD cards with the files in case the current SD card failed but all are showing the error. It also flashes (quickly) the “WIFI” screen right before the “SD” I can even get into the WIFI menu from my browser and force the next animation. If I force the mode to Effects it shows the “WIFI” error every so often (no “SD” error) and the animation does not change.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick — sorry to hear about the issues. Send me an email (jeremy at this domain) and we’ll figure something out.

Chaz
    Participant

Hi there,

Jeremy I seem to be having the same issue. But even when I plug it in I can’t seem to make it reset.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Hey Chaz– Send me an email and let me know as much detail as possible. Happy to help.

Chris
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,
    I have a huge tragedy on my hands. I was moving things in my office and accidentally plugged the wrong power supply into my gameframe 2. Now when i power the frame up random pixels only. It’s it possible i did something to the SD card with the files? I’m willing to try anything to get it working again! Can you send me a link to get the files so i can try a new SD card?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Hey Chris,

I’m afraid more than likely you’ve fried the hardware. Send me an email (jeremy at this domain) and we’ll try a few things.

Jeremy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.