Home Forums Game Frame Wi-Fi Adapter IFTTT

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Patrick
    Participant

I have some questions about how to do things on the GameFrame via IFTTT. For example we have some Arlo cameras outside and I decided I would test IF one of them detects motions to THEN ? (I am attaching to the “Particle” device) My options are:
    Command
    Next
    Power
    Play
    Alert
    Brightness
    Color

I set it to “Alert” but have no idea what that will do. If I change it to “Play” how can I set the animation I want? I guess I need to know what these functions do and what parameters they can take (if any) or am I way off base.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

You’re absolutely right. I need to provide documentation for this, and I’ll write that up tonight. In the meantime, explore the recipes I’ve published and you might be able to deduce what you need.

In short, Alerts are intended to play non-looping, one-shot animations like the ones in inside the /wifi folder on your microSD card (e.g. /00system/wifi/email). Alerts are cool because they flash the screen yellow before the animation, play, and then resume the previously playing animation exactly where it was.

Play simply plays the animation you pass, stopping the currently playing animation and not flashing the screen.

In either case, you can pass any animation (e.g. /bird, /dance, /00system/wifi/twitter). Just be careful with Alerts because if you pass it a looping animation, it will loop forever! 🙂

Patrick
    Participant

I noticed on your IIS alert there is an option for the animation path. When I select “alert” I don’t get an “animation path” parameter I get “with input (Function Input)” and it shows the “Arlo” text fields. Obviously I have messed up somewhere but not sure how to see the same parameters.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Huh, that’s interesting. Try erasing whatever is in that field and typing in the following:

00system/wifi/iss

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

By the way, the SMS recipe is great for testing. Just set that up and then text commands like…

Play bird
    Brightness 7
    Color #0000FF
    Power off
    Power on
    Alert 00system/wifi/iss

Patrick
    Participant

Yep, I filled in the “with input (Function Input)” with the parameter and that seems to work. I’m curious why yours is named differently though.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Maybe you could attach a screen shot of what you see?

Patrick
    Participant

Here is a screenshot of the “THAT” screen

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Okay, that’s the standard “THAT” screen for Particle’s Call a Function action. I would expect you to see that if you’re making your own recipe, but not if you use one of my recipes. Are you making your own? Also, I don’t see anything about Arlo there…?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

I think I get it now. I’ll include instructions on creating your own recipes from scratch in the docs.

Patrick
    Participant

I used a an SMS to cause a Play function and created a new recipe (which is what I thought I needed to do). This wasn’t the Arlo example but an SMS test I made. The function text “with input (Function Input)” looks the same in each case for me. I’m sorry if I didn’t understand I’m a IFTTT noob.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Oh, for SMS use the recipe I’ve already shared here. Simple.

https://ifttt.com/p/jerware/shared

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Docs posted. Available from the Help section of the site menu bar. Please let me know if I can further clarify anything.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Wi-Fi Adapter’ is closed to new topics and replies.