Home Forums Game Frame Wi-Fi Adapter Jeremy, are you still working on Gameframe?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    boris
    Participant

Hello Jeremy, the last update to the Gameframe is six months old. It is solid, there seems to be no NEED to do more, but of course I am wondering if you are still on it?

Due to the fact that even in the art forums not a lot is happening anymore, I sadly think that it is not worth your time to do more stuff, but you were thinking loud about Alexa support and also I would love to see a mode that combines FX and Animations (so that Gallery mode switches into FX mode once in a while and then comes back).

Are you still spending some time on the Gameframe project?

Thank you for all your work and kind answers here on the forum. I hope you have some great holidays ahead of you and a fantastic 2018.

Grüße aus Deutschland, Boris

Patrick
    Participant

I use IFTTT and get mine to switch between gallery and FX mode every 15 minutes

00 after the hour: display gallery
    15 after the hour: display effects
    30 after the hour: display gallery
    45 after the hour: display effects

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Hey Boris,

I was going to make the same suggestion as Patrick. I’m not actively working on Game Frame right now, but I’m happy to work more on features given customer interest such are yours. Let me revisit the state of things.

boris
    Participant

@patrick: Thank you, tried that some months ago and did hit the wall that I shut off the Gameframe overnight and the IFTTT service then fails regularly and is shut off sooner or later.

@jeremy
    : As I seem to be one of the very few currently active users, I totally understand if you’d spend your time with other projects. But here is my wishlist based on the last six months of use, sorted from “Should be easy” to “Is a lot of work most likely”.

Expansion of the time feature to not only switch brightness but also modes. So Clock.ini could have a list like the abcX list for brightness where I can change between Gallery and FX (for example) or start specific animations at a specific time independently of the internet.

Fadein/Fadeout and Scroll function for BMP lists. So config.ini could define:
    Fade = 300 (gives a 300 msecond fade from black into the picture, then displays for the framerate defined, then fades to black in 300 msecond then fades in the next picture).
    Scroll = X (scrolls one BMP out and the other in. X could be 1 2 3 4 (for directions) 5 (random direction).
    Speed = 300 (the duration of the scroll in mseconds)

More FX or FX modes where parameters could be modified via fx.ini files to create variations.

That’s quite a list for Santa… 🙂

Again, please don’t feel pressured to make stuff for the one German guy asking for it.

All the best,

Boris

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

@boris: Don’t know if you saw, but I included a fade-in effect option in the new firmware. Would love to know what you think.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.