Home Forums Game Frame Wi-Fi Adapter More than one command via one trigger

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Patrick
    Participant

I suspect I cannot do this but thought I would ask. I have the Game Frame set to switch between effects and gallery mode every 15 minutes. (IFTTT) I have gallery animations that are triggered by Arlo cameras which will not play during effects mode (I don’t think they do anyway) and wondered if the event triggered by the camera could send two commands. The first to turn back to gallery mode and the second to play the animation. Like “Display Gallery;Play ArloAnim”

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Interesting. Have you looked at the new(ish) Maker Channel on IFTTT? It supports multiple actions, but let me know if that doesn’t do what you need.

https://platform.ifttt.com/maker/guide

Patrick
    Participant

Well I tried that option however when I add the second command, the option to select a function is no longer available. It’s like you can only call an action once, and the next action removes that from the drop down options. So the first time I get
    “Publish an Event”, “Call a Function” then the next action only shows “Publish an Event”

Just wondered if it was possible.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

I saw that just after I posted my reply. (I wonder if it’s possible to call the same action again somehow using the filter field?… wish I was more of a JavaScript guy.)

Would Alerts work for you? They’re made to interrupt normal operation and notify you of events. Just make sure the animations end, or they will loop forever. Otherwise, I can think about how to receive multiple commands.

Patrick
    Participant

Will an alert play while effects mode is running? If so I will try to use those. I will have to modify the animations to not loop but that’s easier than you changing the code for one person’s request.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

They should work in Effects mode. I’m traveling for the next couple nights but let me know if it doesn’t work and I can fix it when I get home.

Patrick
    Participant

Tested this morning and it worked perfectly. The animation (alert) played and it went back to effects directly after. Thanks!

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Cool!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Wi-Fi Adapter’ is closed to new topics and replies.