Home Forums Game Frame Wi-Fi Adapter New Firmware! Need testers!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

I could use a hand banging on this new firmware. It has a new stock/cryptocurrency chart feature that I’m really happy with, along with some other tweaks including a more robust web server that hopefully doesn’t crash anymore after losing its Wi-Fi connection.

https://github.com/Jerware/GameFrameV2_WiFi/releases/tag/20180216

Install using the manager:
    https://www.ledseq.com/manager.html

The first time it runs it should automatically download the new menu graphic and a revised internal web page that includes the chart stuff. Let me know how it goes!

boris
    Participant

Jeremy, you mentioned a new FADE feature in another thread but I can’t find any documentation for it?

Thanks for helping,

Boris

boris
    Participant

…and I found it on GitHub.

I was looking for a fade between images – if I run a “slideshow” of frames with 10000 ms delay rather than a fade between anims, but I will give it a try!

Thanks for keeping the Game Frame alive and kicking!

Boris

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Oh interesting. You want an animation mode that crossfades between each image? Would it rest on the image before starting the fade?

allesoke
    Participant

Firmware works great, new stock/cryptocurrency chart feature looks great and is nice add on! Thanks, Jeremy 🙂

Patrick
    Participant

Firmware loaded and working. I noticed that the HELP page doesn’t have the “Chart” in the Menu options. I also don’t see it appearing in the graphical Game Frame menu. (Lightbulb, Arrows, etc.) Does it trigger on “Chart” so can call it via IFTTT?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Hmm…. did you try the firmware on Github or the one linked above? The one above was behind GitHub, so I just changed the link in case anyone else follows it.

In any case, it should be a new mode in addition to gallery, clock, and FX. I.e. hit MENU 4 times and then hit NEXT a few times. The stock/coin is set using the main web backend. Thanks for the heads up about the /help page though. Will fix.

Patrick
    Participant

My version was the older one apparently. I did the firmware flash for the 2018 02 16 and now it is working. Thanks!

allesoke
    Participant

I have to unplug it now every time, so it looks like I loose my Wi-Fi connection. Can I switch back to the previous firmware?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Allesoke: Yes, all of the firmware versions are archived on GitHub. Can you describe the problem you’re having though, and how it differs from the old firmware?

allesoke
    Participant

‘old’firmware keeps wifi connected, the new one connects but after shutting it down via the android app I can not connect to it again. I can not describe the problem more into detail because my technical skills aren’t good enough to give more information about it. (but the good news is…with the old firmware installed again I have no problems anymore 🙂 )

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Wi-Fi Adapter’ is closed to new topics and replies.