Home Forums Game Frame Wi-Fi Adapter 'SD' with Blue Bars since installing wifi module

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    matt1
    Participant

Ordered PCBs and Photon and soldered according to the instructions. Got it setup on particle.io and flashed the latest firmware. Added the wifi directory to the SD card.

When it boots, nothing happens – blank LEDs (after clearing the screen from spurious stuff at power-on).

If I hit the menu button once it’s clear the photon is booted, I get the usual menus. If I wait a bit, I get the “SD” screen with blue bars above and below.

I’ve reformatted the SD card with no change. The only thing I can imagine might be an issue is the SSID and Password fields in the wifi ini file – couldn’t find any information on how to wrap or escape spaces in there.. tried ‘ ‘ and \ but it never does anything other than the SD card screen after pushing buttons.

I did insert the photon backwards originally (I KNOW!) but given how much DOES work, it would have to have only fried the link to the SD card but nothing else.

I reinserted the teensy and it works fine.

If there are no other ideas I’ll just order another photon… not that expensive really.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Hm… the first thing you should see after booting is the Wi-Fi signal strength icon (which just indicates joining Wi-Fi). It should be white and then turn green when it joins your network. Does that happen? If not, send me an email (jeremy at this domain) and I’ll get you some fresh SD data.

If you think the problem may be the space in your SSID, you shouldn’t need to use the WIFI.INI file at all. Just get the Photon online using the Particle app, and it should work fine as long as the .INI file states “inifile = false” as it does by default.

matt1
    Participant

OK – I tried reflashing the firmware before posting (most recent, and last year’s) no less than 5 times with no change.. before responding I wanted to re-attempt all of this with a hopefully fresher mind since I was getting frustrated earlier.

Re-flashed again with the latest and immediately got the WiFi icon and white bars, then green bars, then the IP, exactly as intended.

So, file this under user error or Try, Try again I guess. 🙂 I’m good now.

Thanks so much!

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Great to hear!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Wi-Fi Adapter’ is closed to new topics and replies.