Home Forums Game Frame General Discussion So I missed the Kicksatarter and love to tinker sooo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ctate2
    Participant

Jeremy,
    I decided to jump in both feet and build a Game Frame from scratch.
    I already have the Arduino, and ordered the SD card shield & LED Matrix. The matrix should be here this week.
    I have a 3D printer and drew up a grid in Sketchup to print and act as a light block between the LED’s. I may even print the frame although that would be easy to build from wood like the original.
    I will use my vinyl cutter to cut the black paper grid that goes over the velum.

I’ve downloaded the sketch and all of the libraries already. When I attempt to compile the “Game sketch” it crashes. Scanning the errors revealed that there are several references to Date & Time. Is it possible that these need to be commented out prior to compiling? I figure when you wrote the sketch, you wrote one with both the game and clock built in then commented out the unwanted feature to save space. I remember hearing that you are using all of the available space in the Arduino. I tried commenting out any error with date and time reference and it compiled, the problem is that I don’t have the hardware finished yet to try so I don’t know if it works or not.

I read every post in the forum to see if anyone else is scratch building a 16×16 stock Game Frame that I can learn from, but only saw the 32×32 build.

Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Chris

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Interesting. You’re using Arduino IDE 1.0.1? Did the Game firmware compile without changes? I can’t think of why there would be an issue. Perhaps you could copy/paste some console errors here.

ctate2
    Participant

Oh wow! I didn’t know that you had to use Arduino IDE 1.0.1. I will download it and give it a try.
    Hopefully that takes care of the problem.

Thank you for the help with this.
    Chris

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.