Home Forums Game Frame Hardware Modding Spark Core Integration (WiFi)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

I received my Spark Core yesterday, a $40 Arduino-compatible microcontroller with integrated WiFi. I’m super impressed! Game Frame could conceivably be ported over to the platform, but simply as a daughter board it can be used to control the SETUP/NEXT buttons over WiFi and even the Internet. I only had to connect four wires and it was done! It’s powered by Game Frame, and zero programming is necessary since the embedded firmware lets you toggle pins HIGH and LOW. I’ll post instructions if anyone is interested.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ronald
    Participant

That looks like a must have just because its so cool I love the idea I will be doing that for sure.

steven.t.berman
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

I’ve been playing with Spark for a bit now…I’ve written a UDP server and a WS2801 controller so that I can send it a UDP packet from anywhere on the network to drive the lights. Its fast enough that I can drive animations to a network attached RGB LED strip by sending a packet every 50ms from a python script. Would be great for sending content to the gameframe (including animations) over the network.

I also wrote an iTunes plugin to drive the lights…led strip flashing to the music! Would also be fun to build music-driven visualizations for the gameframe..if you want to play with it I can send you the source.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

That sounds totally amazing, Steven. Can you send me an email (jeremy at this domain) when you have a moment? I’d love to discuss Spark integration further with you.

Rodney
    Participant

I’d also be interested in this setup. I ordered a spark core today.

steven.t.berman
    Participant

well, I gone and done it.

iTunes plugin -> UDP -> Spark Core -> GameFrame!

Took me a bunch of iterating on the iTunes side to the get the EQ looking right…if I hear ‘Rolling in the Deep’ one more time….

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzKhpqu8jDgjSjQ1Z1A0S3ZpZE0/edit?usp=sharing

freakinkram88
    Participant

The EQ, that’s pretty sweet!

@jeremy
    – Adding the Wifi would be sweet. it might be fun to upload files and have the ability to run them via wifi

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

No doubt! I’d love to see Game Frame ported to the Spark with added functionality.

alexasfb
    Participant

Hi Steven,

your project looks awesome! Can you please share some instructions / source code ?

Alex

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Hardware Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.