Home Forums Game Frame General Discussion Any update on a new batch?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    npbrethauer
    Participant

Hi Jeremy!

I love the game frame but have been unable to get one so far. I’m sure I’m not the only one interested in getting my hands on one, so any update on where you’re at?
    Is a new batch possible somewhere down the line? Pretty please? 🙂

Also, I’m from Madison and noticed your bio – did you manage at Ping Time on State Street?

Best,

Nick

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

I’m working on a ground-up revision that I’m excited about. It will be ready “when it’s done” which will certainly be in the 2015 calendar year or else something has gone horribly wrong. 🙂

I love Madison! I managed a LAN-based gaming center on State Street called the Underground Network back in the Quake 1 days. It is remembered by few, but was a cool spot.

P.S. You can join a Game Frame stock notification list by adding one to your cart in the shop.

Chanser
    Participant

Will you offer an upgrade kit?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Sorry for the delayed reply. No, I’m not planning an upgrade kit, but I’m not considering the revision to be an “upgrade.” It’s pretty much the same product, just rethought after my experience building the Kickstarter rewards and hearing customer feedback.

d.lersch
    Participant

Awesome! Will you be doing another kickstarter or are they coming straight to the website?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Straight to the web site is the plan! Once the design is nailed down and parts are in production I’ll update this thread with the details.

d.lersch
    Participant

Hope this is still coming along!

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

It’s looking great! The electronics just passed FCC & CE certification with flying colors. I’m just waiting on final prototype frames and then it’s off to production. Once I can photograph these prototypes I’ll announce the revision on ledseq.com and list the new specs. I’m currently targeting November 1 for launch.

ian.hilton
    Participant

Ive been putting off buying a Gameframe for way too long now. Every time I see it on the Tested.com videos it makes me think I should have picked one up sooner. Im really pleased you are doing another run. Just in time for Christmas too!

seanblah12
    Participant

Any news on this, Jeremy?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Wow, time flies. There was a holdup with the LED supplier so it’s looking like a December launch now. I don’t know how many I’ll be able to get to market before the holiday but I’m shooting for a few hundred. I should have the full run of 1000 ready to ship by the end of January.

If you’re curious about details, I switched from WS2812B LEDs to the newer APA102C. The manufacturer of APA102C recently found a manufacturing problem that rarely (but occasionally) leads to failed LEDs, and rather than use the existing stock and get to market on time I decided to wait until they ship the revised chips later this month.

Sorry for the delay! Here are some top secret details to whet your appetite:

– Perfectly square, solid wooden frame available in 2 finishes
    – IR Remote control
    – One firmware includes BOTH Game & Clock features
    – Higher Frame Rate (60 vs 25)
    – Vastly more accurate clock chip w/battery backup
    – Time-based Automatic Brightness Control
    – Fully backwards compatible
    – AND MORE!… 🙂

And, why not. Here’s a photo. The stickers on the side are Photoshopped but represent the two options included in the box.

Game Frame Revision

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    seanblah12
    Participant

Sounds great, backwards compatibility I’m guessing it’s still arduino?
    Will all the extras bump the price much?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

It runs on Teensy LC, which is Arduino compatible. But by backwards compatible I was referring to any animations you might have made. Still need to see what my costs are next month but I’m trying to keep it the same.

rupert
    Participant

Hi,

Amazing! I’ll take one pls, pls drop me an email and will buy as soon as available. Ta!!

seanblah12
    Participant

Add me to the list too, look forward to tinkering with it.
    Also, looks even better now with the solid wood frame.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.