Home Forums Game Frame General Discussion Any update on a new batch?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    rupert
    Participant

Hi,

any news on the new batch? I need one!

Ta 🙂

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

I guess it’s a busy time in China so there have been a couple delays. Boards are now scheduled to ship here on December 24, so I’d have everything by the New Year. I hope to start shipping the first week of January but every time I make a prediction it gets pushed back so let’s just say… “January.” 🙂

seanblah12
    Participant

Do you know if there’s much of a waiting list? I really really want to get hold of one of these.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

There isn’t a waiting list in the sense that orders have been taken. There is only the notification list that you can join by adding one to your cart right now. That list will be notified when Game Frame is in stock, but they will be sold on a first-come-first-serve basis.

d.lersch
    Participant

What’s the price gonna be?

seanblah12
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,
    Hope you and your family have had a great Christmas and New Year.
    Any more news on this?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Things are still progressing a lot slower than I planned, but I do have some good news. This week I’ll receive enough parts to assemble a handful of complete units (about 80). I’d like to use this as an opportunity to test the integrity of the new packaging, and see if users can discover any last-minute bugs before mass shipments begin. (The plan is 500 more in February, but no promises due to the Chinese New Year.)

They will go up for sale here on the shop asap, probably next week. I don’t plan to activate the notification list because so few are available, and I really want to self-select buyers who understand the “final test phase” nature and will provide feedback.

As soon as the product page goes live I will update this thread, and if you’re subscribed to it you will receive a notification. I will also update my Twitter feed (@jerware). I suspect they will sell out the same day, but I’ll let you know the publish time beforehand here.

Thanks, as always, for your patience! I hope you’ll be interested in helping to test the new and improved Game Frame. I’m proud of it, and I look forward to sharing it.

ian.hilton
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,
    Exciting news! I work in SW test at Intel in Germany. Id love to help with the final test phase :).

drew.blenkiron
    Participant

Can’t wait to get one! 🙂

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Well, fate is funny. As soon as I announced the new Game Frame, I discovered that the boards that arrived today from China include an incorrect component. Thankfully the board company is owning the mistake and sending me materials I need to make the fix, but I have a lot of soldering to look forward to.

Unfortunately this means the first Game Frame shipments will be delayed until February. Sorry, but at least the problem was discovered now rather than after the larger shipment next month. I’ll keep you guys informed.

In the meantime you can checkout the full description of the new Game Frame.

d.lersch
    Participant

I’m sure the wait will be worth it. Can’t wait to finally get one of these in my hands.

seanblah12
    Participant

As long as you’re shipping internationally (UK) I’ll order one of the first batch.

Chanser
    Participant

I hope you fixed the pixel bleeding. I’m looking forward to your new revision.

seanblah12
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,
    How are things moving along?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Man, this has been a long two weeks. The good news is I have fixed boards arriving Monday from China. If all goes well, I should be able to solder everything back together and have 75 units ready for customers within two weeks.

This delay hasn’t delayed the second batch of boards from China, so I will have another 400 ready just a one week later. It’s feeling like February is the month!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.