Home Forums Game Frame Game Frame Art Gallery How do we create Pixel Art?

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Sadly I’m really late for bed and don’t have time to test this on the Game Frame, but it should work. REALLY nice work, DM. Very clever.

In Photoshop I just went FILE -> SCRIPTS -> EXPORT LAYERS AS FILES.

In IRFANVIEW (a free PC app) I went FILE -> BATCH CONVERSION, added all of the files output from Photoshop, sorted them by name (descending), and output as 24-bit BMP using the Name pattern “#”. No quotes, obviously.

I agree there needs to be a smoother process — ideally some kind of cross platform front end to imagemagick — but this process has worked well for me so far.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    fogleman
    Participant

My Game Frame simulator currently only animates image sequences within a single file. It doesn’t look for 0.bmp, 1.bmp, etc. on disk.

I can potentially help out with a custom tool for generating files in the appropriate format for the Game Frame. Can we outline the basic requirements for such a tool? What are the inputs?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Fogleman, are you still interested in working on a graphic -> Game Frame conversion tool? If so, maybe we could discuss it over email (I’m jeremy at this domain). I’m sure there will be a surge of interest now that it’s shipping.

Chef
    Participant

Hi Jeremy and fellow Game Frame designers.

I have been trying my hand at making some graphics but I’m noticing that the file sizes of what others are making is 4 kb per bmp while mine are 53 kb per bmp. I’m working in Photoshop and saving as 24bit bmp. Is there anything I’m doing wrong or is there a tool/script for reducing the sizes?

Thanks!

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Attach one of your files here and I’ll take a look.

Chef
    Participant

This is straight out of photoshop.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

I don’t see the problem, Chef…? The image you attached (41.bmp) is 824 bytes, just like the images I made. Looks perfect to me! 🙂

Chef
    Participant

Thanks for looking at it Jeremy.

It works in my gameframe but I noticed the bmps from other people are 4kb and mine were showing 53kb so even zipped up it was too large to add as an attachment here. 62 frames became 557kbs. It’s funny that I’m used to working with large photo files I have no idea how to make small files. Anyway thanks again for the great gameframe and for checking out the file.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • The forum ‘Game Frame Art Gallery’ is closed to new topics and replies.