Home Forums Game Frame Technical Support Stuck in setting clock

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    schouten.ca
    Participant

Just got my GameFrame. Plug & Play, working nicely.
    Only problem is, sometimes the GameFrame is not responding to the remote.
    Read some other posts on the forum that the battery might be the problem.
    Gonna try and find a new battery. Voltage is ok, but it has 2 scratches on it.

The problem I’m addressing is that the GameFrame becomes unresponsive when adjusting the clock time. When in the clock menu, the mremote is not registered by the gameframe. I had to unscrew the back and use the buttons to set the time and exit the menu. After that the remote was working again.
    I revisited the clock setting just to see if it was fixxed. Same problem.

Is this a known bug? Do I need to flash the microcontroller? Just change the battery?
    If someone has a fix, greatly appreciated.

rolf
    Participant

hello,
    have the exact the same Problem. All is fine only the clock setting is not working.
    Btw is there a setting for 24h display like 1400 instead of 200

rolf
    Participant

found the clock.ini, but the remote issu stays

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Wow you guys find the most interesting problems! Sorry to hear it though. Do me a favor and try updating the firmware. I made some changes recently to the IR detection and clock set routine.

Firmware:
    https://github.com/Jerware/GameFrameV2/tree/master/firmware

Firmware update tool:
    https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/loader.html

Please let me know if that fixes things!

schouten.ca
    Participant

The new firmware fixed the getting stuck in setting clock.
    The IR remote is still not working optimal. Sometimes it doesn’t register.
    Other times it registers twice with pressing once.

Still need to get another battery to see if that helps.

thnx for replying and supplying new firmware.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Please followup when you try a new battery! I’m very curious.

schouten.ca
    Participant

Sorry for the delayed reply, just got a new battery.
    Sadly, no improvement. Same behavior as before.

Maybe I can do some fault finding.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Does it work as expected when setting the clock, or do you get double and missed presses there too? To be clear, you do need to aim the remote generally toward the top, front of the display.

One other thing to try is testing the behavior in a different room, preferably one with no other electronics, just to rule out IR interference.

osmurf
    Participant

I got mine today, and had the same clock problem. Updated the fw and the remote stopped working. Changed the battery, but it still won’t work.

rolf
    Participant

i have two frames. One from the last european batch and one of the current one (they were sold out in between). With the old one the remote is hardly working. With the new one its working flawless even from distance. Have you changed something between the last two deliveries to eboy?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Told: No, nothing has changed. Do both remotes perform the same, regardless of which Game Frame you use? Are both Game Frames running the same firmware? I.e. is the problem isolated to Game Frame hardware?

Osmurf: Ack! Send me an email (Jeremy at this donain). We’ll figure this out.

rolf
    Participant

i havent looked how to change firmware yet. i will test with the remotes on both first and post the result (could have thought about that myself [rolleyes]).

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Cool, firmware is the same between them then. I look forward to hearing about the remote test. And sorry for getting your name wrong, I’m on cell phone today. 🙂

rolf
    Participant

argh i typed my test and it got lost, ok so here again 😉

i tested both remotes on both frames.
    my first frame reacts bad on both remotes, the second flawless on both remotes.
    conclusion: both remotes are the same, its the first frame which is bad on remote recognition.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Rolf: That’s helpful information. Thank you. Next question… if you shine a light into the IR port on both Game Frames, does it look generally the same inside? The port is above the display in the center of the black border. You should be able to see a little electronic receiver.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.